Sarah's Silks Around the Year Playsilkby Sarah's Silks
This purchase helps provide 1 meal to
Indigenous Canadian children in need. Learn More
In Waldorf and Montessori homes and classrooms birthdays are a special occasion to honour and celebrate the child. Around The Year Playsilks are a beautiful option for parents and teachers choosing to celebrate birthdays in this lovely tradition.
After birthdays are over, Around The Year Playsilks will be used time and time again for dress-up and open-ended play, encouraging little ones to recognize the turning of the seasons and cultivating their awareness of the Earth's natural rhythms. Families use Around The Year Playsilks to decorate nature tables and celebrate special moments in their child’s lives ‘round the year!
Playsilks are made from heavyweight, 100% pure mulberry silk, making them eco-friendly and silky soft, for all those wonderful play adventures!
• Measures 21" x 21"
• Made from heavyweight, 100% pure mulberry silk.
• The dyes used to colour the silks are non-toxic, non-hazardous, environmentally friendly and do not contain any heavy metals.
• Recommended for children 3 years +
• Safety tested by the rigorous standards of the U.S. & E.U.
• All silk pieces can be hand-washed with mild soap and warm water.
• Hang dry, and iron on medium to restore shine
About the Brand
Drawing from the philosophies of Waldorf education and her own childhood of imaginative play, Sarah has been designing Playsilks and other natural, eco-friendly silk and wooden toys for over 28 years! Playsilks and dress-up items offer children endless opportunities to use their imaginations through play while fostering skills like independence and creativity.
Shipping & Delivery
• FREE shipping over $150
• $12 flat rate shipping across Canada on orders under $150
• $15 flat rate shipping on US orders under $150
• For more information, check out our full Shipping Policy